Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Not just another bot

I receive a lot of mails from recruiters regarding job opportunities in some xyz technology. The trouble is that after five years of working in software development, I've picked up some mundane as well as niche skills and added them to my skillset.
However, when confronted with people who like to only concentrate on their requirements, I come up with something like this:
http://ma.tt/2014/08/specialization-is-for-insects-and-developers
I guess, specialization matters, but real world requirements are different. If you happen to be a recruiter or a manager, you would have to take this fact into account that any person that knows about the tool that you are hiring is a unique individual who also happens to know other related and unrelated stuff.

No comments: